I normally do not do WIPs for figures because a.) I am not a great painter b.) they are not the main focus of this blog.
But since I have been working on a few since, well, for a while now, I decided to do three WIPs. This is the first: Magnus the Red. Who did nothing wrong. (And I stand by this statement.) This is the pre-heresy form of him; not yet a broken daemon thing with boob-horn-armor.
I left out the whole swirling rubble-thing from the kit because I do not find them convincing; essentially he is done. His knee horn got missing over the years (I started him in the UK a long, long while back), and he has “only” his coat left to paint. Which is going to be challenging, as it has iridescent feathers, and I am not very good with coats anyhow.
I am experimenting with oils for blending.
The armor was a combination of AK’s True Metal paints in several layers, with washes and oil paints.
I quite like how the dark, broken, iridescent glass turned out to be -again, oils dabbed on.