In a previous post or two I have shown the Emperor with some extra heads… now let’s see him with optional weapons, too. (Smart Resin Models was very kind to send some extras with the ordered claws, so there will be a new post once I am done with those.)
(Let me know if the slideshow or the tiled view works better.)
Anyhow I think the lance and especially the power claws work better than the flaming sword. I magnetized all, so you can always swap them out. As I said I have some other pieces to finish: two heads and a hand covered with psychic fire…
In a previous post I showed Emperor with his helmet on. I am working on the alternative heads…
I have to say the heads look a bit tiny compared to his body. I left the eyes just white- it suggests some big psychic force, plus saves me trying to paint the iris… Looking at the photos I also need to work a bit more on the skin, but hey, until the new power claw arrives I have some time.
I normally do not do WIPs for figures because a.) I am not a great painter b.) they are not the main focus of this blog.
But since I have been working on a few since, well, for a while now, I decided to do three WIPs. This is the second: The Emperor of Mankind, The Saviour of Humanity, the Epitome of Perfection, who, nevertheless, severely lacked basic parenting skills despite of being, you know, The Epitome of Perfection.
The mini comes with several heads (helmeted, serious, angry, cool -I call him “the Dude”, Space Jesus) and some extras as I ordered the pre-order version; I magnetized them, so they could be switched. (You can order the set in three sizes -this is the smallest, 28mm one. I really wish I had the largest one, but unless I get lucky in the EuroMillions, it will not happen.) I also ordered a set of power claws after the fact to switch it for the flaming sword. (I hope they will come out with a post-heresy version of the Emperor, too.)
I painted the stand using oils on an acrylic base. (Dark primer and blue oil paint.) I am pretty happy with the results – I think I will use oils a lot from now on. The cape is still need to be painted… it is still a bit sticky of the oil paint I used, even though it has been drying for three weeks now- obviously I need to learn a bit more about using oils, and the extra bits also need to be finished. I am pretty happy with the flaming sword- I used oils to make smooth blends here, too. It seems like an easier way than using acrylics.